Keeping it Fresh

Author: R. Fast / Labels:


January is almost to an end and it dawned on me this morning that it will be the end of the beginning, in a sense. The end of starting off the year 'fresh' which gave me the thought for my StumbleUpon search for today.

How surprising to find that my first stumble using todays word takes me to a blog called How to Live Online and it's December 16th entry, 100 Ways to Keep Yourself Happy. With all our worry about New Year's resolutions, weight loss and personal achievement I think many forget one of the most important steps in reaching any goal. To be happy. I can already hear the scoffs in the audience and the 'I'm-already-happy-though's' being spouted from under a hot breath, but ask yourself one question. Are you really truthfully happy or do you just pretend to be 'okay' with the circumstances and wait around patiently for your silver lining?

The truth is many of us aren't really all that happy, I myself admit that there are time's I turn my mind off to what's bothering me just to avoid the discomfort of the situation. With a long collection of 100 ideas I'm sure even the most pessimistic person can find a reason to smile, I know I sure did.


For my last interesting stumble I've decided to share a wonderful recipe I've stumbled upon...Fresh Strawberry Pecan Cookies! Hope you enjoy and don't forget to have a happy weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you insights! Thanks for making me think.

Anonymous said...

Great list of 100 happy things!!!

And those cookies sound yummy. I've never had any made with strawberries before. Yummmm.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your insights!