A Little on Education

Author: R. Fast / Labels:

Questions provided by Patrick's Place Saturday Six. Please play along!

Q1. If you had to fill in as a substitute teacher at a local middle school, what subject would you be most comfortable teaching?

A: To clarify, I don't particularly feel I am a genius in any one area, but know more than enough in plenty of subject areas. I feel I would enjoy teaching science, most likely earth science. Through all of my years of schooling Natural/Earth sciences have always been my strong suit. I would find this subject a blast to teach.


Q2. When you were in school, what was a better indication of your true understanding of what you were learning: class participation, the accuracy of your homework, or your test scores?

A. Participation. I have never felt homework or testing were very accurate.


Q3. You meet someone for the first time and have a brief conversation with them. If you run into them the next afternoon, how likely are you to remember their name?

A. Probably not. Unless their name came up again.


Q4. TASK - Take the quiz: Do You Have Gaps in Your Knowledge?


Q5. If you had “gaps” in your knowledge, did you expect to have them where they were predicted? If you had none, which of the listed subjects would be the ones you’d most expect gaps to be?

A. I did have one gap, History. I was expecting more failure from Art, but I have never been drawn in by history, particularly American.


Q6. If you could go back to school for one semester free of charge and “try again” with any subject, which one would you choose and why?

A. Knowing now that I'm obviously behind in History, I would choose just that. With my current studies a strong background in History is much needed.

0 comments: